Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Rediscovery

Some time back, I bought a book called 501 Quilt Blocks: A Treasury of Patterns for Patchwork and Applique by BH&G.  It has sat on the shelf for more years than I care to acknowledge.  I had forgotten what a great resource and inspiration it is.


All of the block designs are set up for 4-inch blocks.  Most people think that's too much work.  But you can always resize them to use.  You'd just have to measure the pieced blocks, but the applique and paper-pieced blocks will just adapt when you enlarge them.

A warning: this is not really a book for  beginners, as they don't spend a lot of time on the processes to make the blocks.  But if you are  just looking for some cute motifs, you might pick this up.  It's much cheaper than and easier to use than EQ.

Here is a cute block I made from the book:

FYI, this block is for the Add-a-Border block swap at Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. I have this book too! I think we bought it at the same time. Love the little block you made. I have never made any of these blocks though!

    ReplyDelete