Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Project Progress

I am doing great on my long list of deadlines (that I initially freaked out about.)  I'm managing my time and projects a lot better than I imagined I would or could.  I am doing better than ever have with these sorts of skills.  Could it be at this late date I can still learn? LOL!

In addition to the list below, I have started on (even plan to finish!) other things.  I am still making blocks for Alyssa's quilt and started another quilt for Meredith (it will be on the back burner as a gift quilt, if there's an occasion for it. ;)


On a recent trip to Maryjo's in Gastonia, I found this great, albeit busy fabric.  It's from Power Pops by Jenean Morrison.  I think it has a retro look.  The motifs are great for small accents and fussie cuts for blocks.  I've been using those in several of Meredith's blocks.


I purchased the book Modern Blocks: 99 Quilt Blocks from your Favorite Designer from Amazon.  The blocks have been quilt inspirational and I had to make some of them.  Besides, it's fun because I am familiar with a few of the contributors online at Flickr (Quilt Dad is from Cary, NC.)

Meredith's quilt blocks: the blocks in the top right corner
and all in the 2nd and 4th row are from the 99  Blocks book.
I've almost finished a quilt top for my niece who is getting married this summer.  Her wedding colors are gray and yellow.  The blocks are from the Sew Happy Quilt Along that is mentioned in the right sidebar.  I'll have it finished before March 15, which makes me eligible for several prices in their give-a-way!

Ashley's quilt on the design wall: some is still pinned together.
There's a 'hole' at the middle of the top waiting for the last block
which I'll get to today.  To make the blocks into a larger quilt,
I set it on point and added large solid blocks.
Need a quilting project?  Take note of some of the quilt-a-longs I've found and linked in the sidebar over there.

Note to self: fabric.com has charms packs, jelly rolls and FQ bundles in Free Spirit designer solids.

No comments:

Post a Comment