Sunday, May 15, 2011

My First Hexie
Didn't this turn out to be an amazing picture from my goofy little $100 Kodak?
I didn't really know what I was doing when I started sewing this.  I picked up a hexagon paper and the first piece of fabric I saw and started stitching.

My enthusiam was spurred when I got my .75" hexagons in the mail--all 750 of them!  When I saw them, they seemed so small.  I was worried that I had ordered the wrong size, but have since learned this is one of the most common sizes (did I know that when I ordered? who knows!)

I'm getting used to their size.  I am not used to the handstitching the hexies together.  I find it a little hard to get the stitches through the front hexie and back hexie.  But that's getting better too. 

I have also decided that I am following the pattern of Martha Washington's Flower Garden.  And I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment