Thursday, May 19, 2011

Heart of the Triad Quilt Show

Friday last, I went a quilt show.  It's a local guild show: not a big show, but it's large for the type of show it is.

I know you won't believe this, but I bought some fabric.  The best vendor there (and the only one to have modern fabric) is Thimble Pleasures from Raleigh.  I got Jane Sassaman, Kaffe Fassett and Tula Pink 1/2 yard pieces from them (I've looked all over for that Tula Pink!)

I also got some wool felt from Vickie, a lady I know locally who runs  Annie's Keepsakes.  I hope to make a penny rug or two and some embellishements and toy animals.

One of the coolest 'vendors' was called Grannie's Attic.  The whole room was full of used or leftover items that other quilters from the guild donated to the sale.  I got embroidery floss for $.05 a skein, a bundle of batting for $.50, fleece remnants for $.50 to $1.  I also got a vintage quilt top for $16!  It was a fun room full of things to rummage in!

Here are my phone pics from the show (they are just phone pics... sorry for the poor quality):




i *LOVE* this quilt!



the price of admission was worth it so see the Dear Jane quilt

replica of a quilt that was made during the war between the states

made by Jane Stickle
original was made in 1863

there are 225 unique quilt block patterns

every stitch--whether piecing or quilting--is hand stitched!



No comments:

Post a Comment