Sunday, April 17, 2011

Circus of Life

This weekend, I embroidered this circus elephant for daughter, Meredith. 
It fits her on several levels.  When she was small, we had this fabulously illustrated picture book about the circus.  This reminded me of that book.  The decorated elephant also makes me think of Thailand, where Meredith spent six months last year. Lastly, I think of Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.

Friday, Water for Elephants, the movie opens.  I am listening to the book on CD from audible.com.  So far, it's a sober but good story.  I hope the movie is as good as it's cracked up to be.  I hope to get to see it with Meredith.

This past week, I have been reading about and looking at many art quilts. I enjoyed this article and thought you might also: My 10 Favorite Quilting Arts Tips by Pokey Bolton.

No comments:

Post a Comment