Saturday, September 01, 2012

Grandmother's Choice Week 1

And we're off!  This is the beginning block which has the same title as the Quilt-Along.  This is the second one I made.  I wanted it to look like flowers and the first one had too much white (pearl) background.
do you think it's too dull? :P
Sorry there's a bad shadow at the bottom of the photo.  The light colored background is Pearl from Northcott Colorworks (which has the best hand of any solid color fabrics I know of.) It's a tad lighter than Kona Ash; barely gray.  That's a lil blackbird with an umbrella.  I rediscovered the fabric that has these cute girl figures in the rain, as well as blackbirds with umbrellas.  About the same time as my discovery, I saw many of the other blocks with fussy cuts and loved the idea.  I guess he will be making is appearance in some of the other blocks.

I am adding the sashing--also Pearl Northcott--as I go so it won't be a massive task at the end.  I am not 100% sold on the canary yellow cornerstone.  I might go brighter or make them in a few other colors as well.  I will play that one as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment