Sunday, January 08, 2012

FAB SWAP OP!
(Two more days to sign up)

Last summer I participated in Round 1 of For the Love of Solids quilt project swap at Flickr.  When I signed up, I was anxious for a couple of reasons.  I was new to the whole Flickr swap thing and I am such a print junkie and use very little solid colored fabric.

I wasn't sure about my ability to successfully make a project that was 1-made of only solid colored fabrics and 2-do my own straight-line quilting.  I still feel a little lacking, but I am learning.  That's what counts, right?

And I have learned so much about color and values because I am stretched to use colors only and not patterns.  This swap was so. much. fun!

So, if you want to join in on the fun, you still have a day or so left to sign up.  If you have questions, leave me a comment or email me and I will try to help get you on board.

Here are some pics:
the mosaic wallhanging i made for my swap partner
(we make 2 items, this is the large one)
a "buttercup bag" i made for my partner
(the 2nd item, which was a small item)

i received this wallhanging from my partner
this is my 2nd item and other goodies received

this is my inspiration mosaic for Round 2

C'mon!  Join in the fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment